Thursday, July 13, 2006

Seatbelt Laws

(El Vato's Note: This post was moved from the original Munky Report post.)

Is the the government really that concerned about your safety or your kid's safety?

If I ride around without a seatbelt, who am I hurting besides possibly myself? No one. I am an adult. I can make my own decisions and if I want to do something stupid like not wear my seatbelt, then I should be allowed to do so. I don't think I should be fined for it. Of course, buckle up little Johnny because as a parent you should protect your children. It bugged me to think of people not putting their kids in safety seats. Then I thought about the hypocrisy of a law that fines parents for not having a seatbelt on their kids, while everyday of the school year, millions of kids go to and from school on the bus without any kind of safety restraint system.

It makes me think that seatbelt laws aren't so much for your safety as they are for local or state revenue. What a rip off!

Thanks for reading the crap i typed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home