Monday, January 22, 2007

The Super Bowl


I commented to several friends last week that I wanted the Indianapolis Colts and the Chicago Bears to make it to the Super Bowl, and have the Bears win it all. I said this not because I had any kind of special insight on the game or teams, but because I am a concerned Dallas Cowboys fan. My reasoning as follows:

No way I wanted the New England Patriots to have the opportunity to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, or God forbid, 4 in 6 years.

The New Orleans Saints were the feel good story. They clobbered the Cowboys, and shortly after that, the wheels came off the Cowboys season. No way I wanted the 'aints to win. I enjoyed watching 'Da Bears kick the crap out of the 'aints. True to their name, the Saints "ain't" never made the Super Bowl. Ha-Ha.

So, I'm rooting for Chicago in the Super Bowl. It's not that I care for 'Da Bears, though, I did like the Super Bowl Shuffle when I was a kid(it's pretty bad when I watch it again).

I think it'd be great if Peyton Manning loses. He's on every 5th commercial, and I can't stand it. I'd be awesome if Peyton Manning ended up like Dan "crybaby-supertool" Marino. Great passer, just not a Super Bowl champion.

Regardless of who wins, a February Super Bowl is just WRONG!

On this date in 1984, the most famous Super Bowl commercial of all time aired.
The 60-second spot featured a female athlete running through a dystopian landscape inspired by George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, to throw a sledgehammer at a TV image of Big Brother, meant, in this case, to represent IBM. It ends with the promise, "On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like 1984."
--Wired News

1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial

Thanks for reading the crap i typed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home