Friday, April 27, 2007

The Pledge of Allegiance


I was reciting the Pledge of Allegiance like I do every morning, but this morning I came upon a horrible realization.

If asked, many school children would not be able to recite the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution. Yet, school children are taught to recite the Pledge of Allegiance early in elementary school without understanding what the words truly mean. I think this is wrong.

I cannot recite the 1st Amendment verbatim either, but I pledge to learn it and recite it verbatim.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
--The United States Constitution, Amendment I
Thanks for reading the crap i typed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home